woensdag 14 maart 2012

Free Printable Emergency Contact sheet

Late one evening, last month my son tripped and fell against our open heater (called a Moederheart in Dutch). Although his hand only touched it for a second to support his fall I knew something was very wrong by the sound of his cry. Both my partner and I panicked. I tried to find the number of the local huisartsepost which is the afterhours general practitioner.

While I mainly wanted to call to ask if we should come in and what type of first aid we could do, I understand that it's important to call before going in as they may have a waiting list to be seen.

Despite my averagely good Dutch language skills, I managed to find the hospital page that the huisartsepost was linked to, but not the number to call! Both I and my Dutch partner got frustrated and all in all it felt like it became a much bigger deal than it actually was! In the end he found the number and by the time we got to the huisartsepost my son had swollen red welts and blisters covering his hand!

This all got me to thinking about when Daddy goes on his first business trip away from us next month. I'm not sure what I'd do without him, but being prepared seems to be the key!

So without further ado, I made this handy free printable Contact sheet that you can fill out and tack to a door or refrigerator.


If there is an emergency, it will be the first thing I go to and I can just take it along to the Doctor or hospital with me to help out with those Dutch translations (I hate to admit it but my brain goes a bit blank when I'm worried or panic). It's also great to leave for other care takers than yourself such as babysitters or your Nanny.

I hope some one else finds this helpful and can avoid what we went through!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten